Friday, November 10, 2006

Wal-Mart shenanigans

Hey! Christmas is back! Wal-Mart employees are allowed to say Merry Christmas again!

Wal-Mart Brings Christmas Back and Cuts More Prices, Too

According to Linda Blakley, a Wal-Mart spokeswoman: "We learned a lesson from that. Merry Christmas is now part of the vocabulary here at Wal-Mart."

"Reeeeeeeeeeeeeally?"

Yeah, whatever Linda. You really learned your lesson. I'll tell everyone something...I have had it. The AFA is suggesting boycotting Wal-Mart on the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Whoopee-do. Two measly days. I thought the AFA might get tough with Wal-Mart. This is akin to taking one candy bar away from Rosie O'Donnell and expecting her to lose weight. Why not go for the all-out boycott since they supposedly learned a lesson last year? And why don't we ever hear about Wal-Mart contributing to anything Christian? I think it is pretty obvious that Wal-Mart just wants our money while socking us in the gut.

"As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." -- Joshua 24:15

I am going to put a modern twist on it...As for me and my house we will not shop at Wal-Mart. I am no longer putting up with this. I hope you all will join me.

2 Comments:

Blogger leisa said...

I'm so disgusted with all of it that I don't even know where to shop anymore. Part of me just wants to move off to the mountains and grow my own food and knit my own clothes.

Almost every store out there is supporting the homosexual agenda..that or they are refusing to acknowledge Christmas even though Christmas is making up for their lack of profits all year long.

It's late and I'm grumpy!!!!

Love the Jim Carey reference though. Cute. lol

11/20/2006 12:52 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

I tentatively had Leisa's reaction. But I've done some more reading about exactly what Walmart is doing and it's a little different from just giving a little donation to the Les/Gay people. They seem to be actively joining their ranks - serving on some of the organizations' board of commerce(?) and intentionally soliciting their agendas. Realistically, if the AFA called for a complete boycott of Walmart I doubt they'd get it. Prices are too good. But calling for a Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving will hurt their pocket buck quite a bit.

I've decided to give it a try - but like you - I'm going all the way and not shopping at Walmart at all until I find some different articles about their neutrality. That's all I want - companies who want my business need to just be neutral about some things.

11/21/2006 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home