Monday, November 06, 2006

Goodbye Copper

We had to say goodbye to our beloved Copper this morning. She was doing one of her two favorite things, chasing a cat, when she tore the tendons in her right rear knee. She was already down to 3-and-a-half legs because of her other favorite hobby, chasing UPS trucks. Her previous owner told us she was chasing a UPS truck and her leg got broken as a puppy. Copper kept eating the cast off so her leg never properly healed. We called it her "bent paw." Considering her age, bent paw, and other health issues I had to make one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, which was to put her down.

She was the sweetest, gentlest dog I have ever known. She wouldn't hurt a fly. She was always our happy dog and always wanted to love on us. Even though she was somewhat handicapped, she was still the fastest dog around.

We love you Copper and we'll miss you.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Spa Enthusiest! said...

Sniff...I am sorry to hear about Copper,I loved her too. But God had your Heart in mind, when you brought Coco and Sweetie into your home.

He knew you would take it hard,so he wanted to make sure you had 2 cute little puppies to cuddle after a Hard day of Work,and making that Hard Decsion....I am so glad i am getting to know your Heart...Thanks for being a friend!!

11/07/2006 10:06 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Doug-

That is so sad - it's a very sweet tribute to a very sweet dog. Hope the girls are doing okay. I know exactly how you feel, and I'm sorry you had to make that hard decision.

Thanks for sharing.

11/07/2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger leisa said...

Poor Doug. I'm so sorry. :(

11/20/2006 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home