Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What's good for the goose...

I'm sure by now you all know the results of the election. I am disappointed, but not suprised. The Republicans got exactly what they deserved. They were handed the keys to the government and they wasted their opportunity to lead. Being bi-partisan with the Democrats got them nowhere but where we are today. My only hope is that they can learn from their mistakes and adopt the Reagan-type conservative plan to win back the hearts of true conservatives.

Since a few months after 9/11, the Democrats have blamed President Bush for all kinds of things from actually planning 9/11 to lying about WMDs to the worst economy ever (I'm still trying to figure out that one) and so much more. Since they are in power now, I want to list the things that happened to me today that I want to blame on the Democrats:

  • My trash wasn't picked up.
  • There was construction on I-10 which caused major delays.
  • I have a bad backache.
  • It's dark when I go to work and when I get home becasue of Daylight Savings Time.
  • I got a bill in the mail from the doctor.
  • I was bitten by several mosquitoes.
  • The neighbor's dog took a big dump in our yard.
  • The line was three-deep at Wal-Mart.
  • Gas is $1.99/gallon.
  • There was spam in my email today.
  • Several liberal bloggers called the Republicans "loosers."
  • Brittney Spears is getting divorced.
  • The Cleveland Browns did not win their football game today because they didn't play. Sunday isn't looking too good either.
  • I didn't get a raise today. Tomorrow isn't looking to good either.
  • Somewhere in the world the temperature was above average. GLOBAL WARMING ALERT! WHOOT! WHOOT! WHOOT!
  • There was less money in my bank account today than yesterday.
  • I'm sick.
  • I'm tired.
  • I'm hungry.
  • I had to pay for my lunch today.
  • I had to put up with someone with a major attitude who made my lunch today (and before you all go crazy on me, it was not my wife. I ate fast food today).
  • That is all I can think of for now. I will keep compiling the list for the future.

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Lindsay said...

    I could add to that list, but I'd hate to sound like a whiner (wink, wink). Your point is well taken - especially regarding the economy. Even when we were in a "recession" I still had to wait in line at Walmart, and had to wait 30-45 minutes before I could be seated at Logans! What's that all about?

    =)

    11/13/2006 9:23 AM  
    Blogger leisa said...

    Disappointed but not surprised. My feelings exactly! Such wasted opportunity.

    Okay, I'm going to add to your list. Here are the things that have happened to me in the last few days that I'd like to blame on THE DARK SIDE, ahem, Democrats:

    - I have a cough
    - The girls' playroom is dirty
    - Jason has pneumonia
    - I sweat when it's 40 degrees outside either because I have a hormonal disease or because I am a hog
    - I am a hog
    - I have a hormonal disease
    - My neighbor had to go to the hospital in an ambulance.
    - My other neighbor had to be medevaced from Nigeria to Johannesburg and is supposed to be on her way home but isn't here yet and I'm worried about her
    - My feet are funky because I haven't had a pedicure because I'm afraid to go to any of the nail salons for fear that I will get a fungal infection that will cause my feet to turn green and fall off
    - The state will not release the names of the salons under investigation so I'm even more afraid to go get a pedicure because I don't know who's guilty
    - My feet are funky and dry and cracked.
    - I am sick.

    I guess that's it.
    Oh, no wait...the guy at the pizza place the other night irritated me. That's their fault too.

    Why do you have comments disabled again?

    11/20/2006 1:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home