Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Music recommendation: In the Name of Love - Various




For those of you who love U2 (like I do), you'll love this. This album features Christian artists covering U2's songs. A portion of the proceeds go to World Vision's program to combat AIDS in Africa. Here's the lineup:

1. Sunday, Bloody Sunday - Pillar
2. Beautiful Day - Sanctus Real
3. 40 - Starfield
4. Love Is Blindness - Sixpence None The Richer
5. Gloria - Audio Adrenaline
6. Grace - Nichole Nordeman
7. All I Want Is You - Jars Of Clay
8. Mysterious Ways - TobyMac
9. Pride (In The Name of Love) - Tree63
10. One - TAIT
11. With or Without You - Grits (featuring Jadyn)
12. When Love Comes to Town - Todd Agnew
13. Where the Streets Have No Name - Chris Tomlin

As you can tell by some of the groups, some of the songs have more of an edge than the originals. Beautiful Day has to be one of my favorite secular songs and it is performed by my new favortie group -- Sanctus Real. It's awesome!

You can get the album at the Christian bookstore, but you will probably have to order it since I got the last one (sorry!).

For more information about the In the Name of Love project, go http://www.inthenameoflovecd.com/.

7 Comments:

Blogger Georgia said...

You know, I heard one of these songs on the radio and I just thought it was a secular station. I had no idea it was Christian artists doing covers. I think I'll be looking for this CD this weekend. Thanks for the info!

9/28/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Sweet! Thanks for the recommendation - I'll be looking for this one.

10/03/2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger leisa said...

I only like one song by U2, and I can't even remember the name of it. It's the one with the line that says: On Your Knees Boy.

Sorry...that's the only line I remember. What is the name of that one?

10/03/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

The name of the song is "Mysterious Ways." It is covered on this album by Toby-Mac from DC-Talk. It is a good remake.

10/04/2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger leisa said...

Yeah, Mysterious Ways. I LOVE Toby Mac. I'm definitely gonna have to get this one.

Hey, so you like Sanctus Real. Who would you compare them to? I like Third Day, Toby Mac, Kutless...like that. Is Sanctus Real sort of the same? If I were to download one Sanctus Real song, which one should it be?

Oh, go look at my family blog and see your daughter hugging the Cubbie Bear while her Mommy looks on..it's sweet.

10/05/2006 12:23 AM  
Blogger Truth Seeker said...

I'm not really sure how to answer your question only to say Sanctus Real has more of a hard rock sound. They are kind of like Third Day, but I think they are a little harder rock.

I am not really musically inclined, so if someone else can help me out here, then please go ahead.

10/06/2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger leisa said...

So what's your favorite Sanctus Real song? If I were to download just one to get a flavor of their sound, which one would it be?

Like for Toby Mac, I'd recommend downloading Diverse City or Burn for You to get a real feel for that sound.

Do tell!

10/07/2006 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home